I wish to inform you that following our Section 8 Inspection on Tuesday 12th March 2019 we have received the Ofsted Inspection letter and this is now available for you to read (Please see letter below). Alternatively hard copies are available in the school reception area. This is also available on the Ofsted website. https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/
We are very pleased with the outcome of the inspection and the content of the report.
This inspection was a one day (section 8) inspection designed to re-affirm a schools grading (not to change its grading) following its previous section 5 inspection. For us this was March 2015. We are delighted to share that this report upholds all judgements from the previous report in 2015 with Leadership and Management and Behaviour and Safety continuing to be judged as outstanding. This means that we continue to provide a high standard of education for your child.
Below are some of the highlights from the report.
- Chapel End Junior Academy continues to be a good school.
- Pupils say they feel safe in their school.
- Pupils appreciate their education and their attendance and punctuality are high.
- The very large majority of pupils who completed a survey for this inspection were very positive about their experience of school.
- All pupils agreed that the school encourages them to respect those from other backgrounds and to treat everyone equally.
- Teachers use skilful questioning to enable pupils to reflect on and improve the quality of their verbal responses.
- The school provides an attractive and well-organised learning environment.
- Classrooms typically convey pupils’ purposeful engagement with their work.
- Pupils have the opportunity to study a wide range of subjects that stimulate their interests and their creativity.
- The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the previous inspection, which has been further extended and further strengthened.
- Leaders are thoroughly committed to their responsibility to safeguard pupils.
- Governors are knowledgeable about the school’s strengths and priorities for development.
- Leaders make good use of specialist staff and provide training for all teachers and teaching assistants in order to ensure that pupils receive the support they need to be happy and successful at school.
- Leaders, including governors, forge valuable communications with parents and carers.
This report is further recognition of the hard work and dedication from all the staff and governors in school, who strive to provide the best education for each and every pupil. This outcome is a great tribute to the partnership between us all and is richly deserved.
I am sure you will join me in thanking the team for all they do in school and beyond the school day.
To view the national school performance tables and make comparisons with our own school please follow the link: https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/139259/chapel-end-junior-academy